Green Ideas for Your Next Meeting from ASAE
While planning for your upcoming event, keep in mind these environmentally friendly ideas that ASAE: The Center of Association Leadership will be using at its Marketing, Membership and Communications Conference (MM&C) May 23-24, 2012 in Washington, DC:
- Offset the carbon footprint of the event and related travel by purchasing clean energy credits
- Reduce the amount of paper used before, during and after the meeting by offering electronic materials on the event website
ASAE has teamed with independent energy consulting firm APPI Energy in an effort to neutralize the environmental effects of its MM&C conference. As a result, ASAE has purchased CleanSteps® Carbon Offsets from Washington Gas Energy Services (WGES). The carbon footprint of the conference will be offset with clean wind power from WGES’s program.
Support During the Meeting
We often hear colleagues fret about how to get everything done as they prepare for their organization’s next annual meeting, scientific assembly, conference or Capitol Hill Day. That’s when we advise them to think about what can be handled by an intern (if they have one) and what needs a little more experience to guarantee success.
For nearly 20 years, PRofessional Solutions has provided temporary communications professionals to support associations and nonprofits with the following meeting-related activities:
- Handling press credentials and registration
- Staffing the press room
- Arranging press interviews
- Using social media to provide news tips and constant updates about the meeting
- Accompanying members or donors to Congressional meetings
- Attending sessions to write articles for your newsletter or magazine
- Covering the office to keep other communications projects on track
And our temps travel–we’ve staffed press rooms from coast-to-coast!