Area Professional Associations
These professional associations offer useful networking and professional development opportunities. Volunteering on committees is a fantastic way to become involved.
- Public Relations Society of America, National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC)
- International Association of Business Communicators, DC Chapter (IABC-DC)
- American Marketing Association, DC Chapter (AMA-DC)
- Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR)
- Association of Women in Communications DC Chapter (AWC-DC)
- Washington Network Group (WNG)
We recommend that you subscribe and read the articles posted in these useful blogs written by local communicators.
This online resource for news about the public relations, marketing, and advertising industries in the Washington, DC area features videos, event announcements, industry news, and commentary.
Written by Jeff Porro, speechwriter for Fortune 250 CEOs, government leader and executives at leading national trade and professional associations, this blog gives examples of effective communications and how comments and messages shape credibility.
Produced by Denise Graveline, The Eloquent Woman is a blog that features tips on public speaking, specifically addressing challenges typically faced by women.
Produced by Susan Rink, Take Note is a blog that features informative articles and videos on all aspects of employee communications.